Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
The Colonel used to sell chicken nuggets that were tasty but he thought 'Why not prepare fresh chicken strips of all white meat?' and that is how the Colonel's Crispy Strips were born. You will notice it is the same as the Extra Crispy.
- Cut 6 chicken Breasts into strips, or you can buy chicken tenders in the store.
- Marinate them overnight. I suggest (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade #75408.
- Preheat the shortening in a deep-fryer to 350 degrees.
- Beat 1 egg and 1 cup of milk.
- Dip the chicken into the egg mixture.
- Dip the the chicken into the coating and then double dip.
- Fry in fryer a few at a time till they are golden brown about 5 minutes or until they float.
- Remove the chicken to a rack and allow to drain for 5 minutes.
WOW! This is our latest & GREATEST chicken strip recipe. Seasonings are RIGHT ON! I did use (CopyCat) Kentucky Fried Chicken Marinade marinade for about 2-3 hours only. Perfect! Thank you, JustaQT.
Five thumbs up...all around this kitchen table,when I asked the kids what they thought of these!!I didn't marinade the chicken as I didn't have time.I used a fork in which to spear the strips and to transfer them back and forth between the egg/milk mixture and the flour mixture.When I had completed the dipping process,I then just pushed the strip off the fork onto waxed paper in which I let them sit for 20 minutes before frying them.The sitting of the strips helps the dough to set in which to ensure a crispier coating.Thanks for a great recipe!!Will definately make again!
YUMMM-E!!!!! Perfect for the picky eaters at our 4th of July celebration....used recommended marinade for the suggested time. I omitted the msg and as noted in previous reviews used adobo, and used garlic powder with parsley. Definately a KEEPER!!!!!! Thanks for the post.