Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
The Colonel was in the kitchen one day and had an idea what to do with the potatoes that he had and he came up with the Potato Wedges. The used to be made fresh but due to the invention of the frozen fry they are sent to the stores frozen and ready to cook.
- Preheat shortening to 375°F.
- Cut the potatoes into 16 to 18 equal size wedges.
- Mix the egg and milk till well blended in a big bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Put some potatoes in the milk and egg then into the flour mixture till well coated.
- Fry in fryer for 3 minutes, remove from the oil and allow them to sit for one minute and then cook them again for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- It may take up to 6 minutes.
Absolutely fabulous, I just made them and they were fantastic, however I did make some slight adjustments, because I read the reviews and everyone said they were bland so I substistuted Lawry's in place of the regular salt and garlic salt instead of the powder and omitted the msg
I've never had the potato wedges at KFC so I can't speak to that, but this was a tasty side dish instead of plain old french fries. I boiled the potatoes for about 10 minutes to help with the cooking. I still fried them twice though. I thought that the recipe called for too much salt, but I followed it anyway. I was wrong. The seasonings were great the way they were. I liked that the outsides were crispy but the insides were tender. This has gone in the "Must Cook Again" file. Thanks.
Turned out great but I did use seasoned salt and garlic salt then before second fry, sprinkled with cajun seasoning. Loved them.