The Colonel was in the kitchen one day and had an idea what to do with the potatoes that he had and he came up with the Potato Wedges. The used to be made fresh but due to the invention of the frozen fry they are sent to the stores frozen and ready to cook.
- Preheat shortening to 375°F.
- Cut the potatoes into 16 to 18 equal size wedges.
- Mix the egg and milk till well blended in a big bowl.
- Mix the dry ingredients into a large bowl.
- Put some potatoes in the milk and egg then into the flour mixture till well coated.
- Fry in fryer for 3 minutes, remove from the oil and allow them to sit for one minute and then cook them again for 5 minutes or until cooked.
- It may take up to 6 minutes.