1/1 Photo of KFC Twisters
Ben Ross's Note:
This is just how KFC serves them in Australia. Very yummy and my personal favourite item served at KFC. It took me a little while to work out how to do it properly but, now it is worth it and I thought I would share it with all of you.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 500 g skinless chicken breasts
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 cup milk
- 2 cups plain flour
- 3 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 1/2 tablespoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Mexican chili powder
- 1 teaspoon msg (isn't really important it just adds extra flavour)
- 1Trim any excess skin or fat from the chicken breasts.
- 2Slice the chicken breasts into nice size strips (approximately 1/2 inch x 3-4 inches).
- 3Combine the water, salt and MSG for the marinade in a large bowl and place chicken in to set for 20 minutes.
- 4Turn the strips once while they are marinating.
- 5Combine the beaten egg and milk and a bit of pepper in a medium size bowl.
- 6In a small plastic bag combine the remaining ingredients (flour, salt, pepper, paprika, Mexican chille and MSG) and shake.
- 7At this time you can start to preheat the oil in a deep-fryer to 220 deg.
- 8When the chicken has been marinating for 20 minutes, transfer each piece to paper towels so that excess liquid can drain off.
- 9Using about ten strips at once, place the chicken in the bag with the flouer and shake the bag until the strips of chicken are coated.
- 10Place them on a plate.
- 11Once they have been coated with the flour mixture dip them in the egg and milk mixture individualy and them back into the bag for another shake.
- 12Be sure to try and get as much coating on each strip.
- 13If you wish you can coat them again if you want a thicker coating.
- 14Drop the strips, 5-6 at a time into the hot oil.
- 15They should only take a couple of minutes depending on how you like your chicken.
- 16Be sure to stir when frying so the strips don't stick together.
- 17Remove the chicken from the oil and allow them to drain on paper towels for a couple of minutes.
- 18Heat the tortilla bread in a frying pan on each side until it is nice and warm but not crispy, then remove from the pan.
- 19Place about 3-4 (depending on size) krispy strips on the tortilla bread.
- 20Then add the tomato and mayonnaise.
- 21Put plenty of pepper and salt on the mayonnaise.
- 22Then add the lettuce.
- 23Roll up and serve.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for KFC Twisters
Serving Size: 1 (435 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 517.1
- Calories from Fat 96
- Total Fat 10.7 g
- Saturated Fat 3.1 g
- Cholesterol 90.0 mg
- Sodium 2155.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 72.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 30.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: