1/8 Photos of Kick A%% Fried Onion Rings
Nice and crispy! Sweet with a Kick! Top that juicy steak with these! If you want more of a kick add 1 teaspoon of Old Bay to the milk mixture as well!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 250 degrees.
- 2Combine the buttermilk, hot pepper sauce and sugar in a medium bowl until the sugar dissolves.
- 3Combine the flour, cornmeal, baking powder, Old Bay, salt and pepper in a shallow baking dish.
- 4Peel and cut the onions into 1/4-inch-thick slices.
- 5Separate the onion slices into rings and towel dry.
- 6Dip the rings in the buttermilk and shake off the excess liquid.
- 7Dredge the rings in the flour mixture, shake off the excess.
- 8Meanwhile, heat the oil to 400 degrees over medium-high heat in a large heavy pan.
- 9Add the onions to form a single layer on the oil's surface and cook until golden brown, no more than 3 minutes.
- 10Using tongs, transfer the onions to the paper towel-lined plate.
- 11Let stand 2 minutes to drain, then carefully transfer to the rack in the warm oven.
- 12Repeat till all are fried.
- 13Season with salt!
Browse Our Top Onions Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Onions Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kick A%% Fried Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (91 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 102.0
- Calories from Fat 5
- Total Fat 0.6 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 1.2 mg
- Sodium 420.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 3.6 g
- Protein 3.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Old Bay Seasoning