Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
These are great to serve at parties. Fun for watching sports. Be prepared to make a lot, because you'll watch 'em disappear!
- Heat 4 inches of oil in deep fryer or medium stock pot over high heat (400°F).
- The way I test it is to drop in a bread crumb- when it sizzles and crackles it's ready.
- Line a baking sheet with paper towels, set aside.
- Fry chicken until golden brown 15-25 minutes.
- I fry about 10-12 wings at a time to prevent bubbling over.
- Drain on baking sheet While wings are cooking, melt butter in small saucepan over medium heat.
- Add hot sauce, Tabasco, and cayenne pepper.
- Cook, stirring occasionally until hot.
- When wings are finished transfer to an air tight container.
- Add some sauce and cover tightly.
- Shake container to fully coat wings.
- Serve immediately with blue cheese dressing for dipping (and cooling off your tongue!).
These wings were GREAT! The only change I made, was that I baked the wings at 375F for 35-40 minutes instead of frying them for a healthier dish. My family loves to eat hot wings at a restaurant called "Wolfies" and they said these were pretty close to the restaurants! Thanks for sharing your recipe!
Not for wimps! This was really good. Some people thought it was too hot, but the majority said , "Now, those ARE hot wings". Thanks!
Not bad for really mild wings, try switching the levels of Frank's to the Tabaco & Tabasco to the Franks that will make a nice medium wing