1/5 Photos of Kittencal's Best Crispy Onion Rings
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 large sweet onions, peeled and sliced thin into rings
CRISPY COATING MIXTURE
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon seasoning salt (or regular salt, can use less than 1 teaspoon if desired)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper (optional but good to add in, I use lots as we like extreme heat)
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs (preferably panko bread crumbs)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Heat the oil to about 350 degrees F.
- 2In a small bowl whisk together buttermilk and eggs.
- 3In a bowl mix together the coating mixture, then place into a shallow dish (a shallow dish makes for easier coating of the rings).
- 4Dip/coat the onion rings into the buttermilk mixture.
- 5Then coat generously into the dry coating mixture.
- 6Fry briefly in hot oil (turning once) until onion rings are lightly brown on both sides.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Kittencal's Best Crispy Onion Rings
Serving Size: 1 (203 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 348.2
- Calories from Fat 35
- Total Fat 3.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.2 g
- Cholesterol 94.2 mg
- Sodium 171.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.4 g
- Sugars 5.7 g
- Protein 12.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: