Swedish Christmas pastry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt the butter and set aside to cool.
- 2Cream the egg yolks with the sugar.
- 3Mix in the rest of the ingredients to form an elastic dough.
- 4Wrap in tin foil and let it rest in the refrigerator for a couple of hours or overnight.
- 5Roll out the dough onto a floured surface.
- 6Take a knife and cut strips about 1 inch wide and 4 inches long.
- 7For the special klenat appearance, you cut a hole in the middle of every strip, take one end of the strip and put it through the hole in the middle and pull straight through the hole.
- 8It makes sort of a knot in the middle of the pastry.
- 9Heat oil in a pan.
- 10Try it for the right temperature by dropping a piece of bread in the oil, if it turns golden in 1 minute, the oil is the right temperature.
- 11Put some of the klenates in at a time and cook them until golden brown.
- 12Drain on kitchen towel.
- 13Turn them over in a mixture of cinnamon and sugar.
Nutritional Facts for Klenater
Serving Size: 1 (385 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 31.2
- Calories from Fat 12
- Total Fat 1.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 21.3 mg
- Sodium 7.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 0.6 g