1/2 Photos of Lacy Potato Pancakes With Chives
From : The Cooking of Scandinavia
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Peel the potatoes and grate them coarsely, preferably into tiny slivers, into a large mixing bowl. Do not drain off the potato water that will accumulate in the bowl.
- 2Working quickly to prevent the potatoes from turning brown, mix into them the chopped chives, salt and some pepper.
- 3Heat the butter and oil in a 10 – 12 inch skillet over a high heat until the foam subsides.
- 4The pan must be very hot, but not smoking.
- 5Using 2 tablespoons of potato mixture for each pancake, fry 2 or 4 at a time, flattening them out with a spatula to about 3 inches in diameter.
- 6Fry each batch of pancakes over a medium-high heat for 2 to 3 minutes on each side, or until they are crisp and golden.
- 7Serve at once.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lacy Potato Pancakes With Chives
Serving Size: 1 (928 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 137.7
- Calories from Fat 57
- Total Fat 6.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 7.6 mg
- Sodium 608.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.3 g
- Sugars 0.8 g
- Protein 2.2 g