If you like the taste of Lemon, you will like this chicken. Served with Parsley Potatoes and Garlic Green beans and you have a great meal.
- Place chicken and lemon juice into a zip-lock bag.
- Refrigerate for 2 hours turning pieces occasionally.
- Remove chicken from bag and pat dry with paper towels.
- In a medium mixing bowl, blend together salt and flour.
- Place each chicken breast into flour and shake off excess.
- In another bowl, lightly beat egg.
- After chicken is dipped into flour dip it then into the beaten egg.
- In a skillet, brown chicken breasts in oil.
- The oil should be 1/4 inch at all times during frying.
- If you can't fry all the chicken at the same time, place cooked chicken on a warm platter in an oven preheated to 200°F.
- Cover cooked chicken with aluminum foil.
- Place cut lemon wedges on platter with chicken before serving.
This made for a wonderful dinner!! The breasts soaked in the refrigerator all day until dinner time. I followed the recipe except that I used egg beaters instead of an egg. I used Italian bread crumbs and added them in step 7. I dipped into the flour mixture, egg and then the breadcrumbs. I hope that's how it was supposed to go because it worked! :) Thanks so much for posting!!