1 hr 15 mins
Saw these being made on foodnetwork.tv and they looked very interesting. Inactive cooling time is an hour.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 5 cups vegetable stock, can use store bought low sodium vegetable broth or stock
- 2 medium onions, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1/2 cups arborio rice
- 3/4 lemon, juice and zest of
- 1 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese, garnish
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped parsley
- 5 cups panko breadcrumbs
- 4 cups vegetable oil, for frying
- 2Heat the vegetable stock in a pot next to the risotto pot, keep ladle in it to use.
- 3Saute the onion in the olive oil until wilted, add the garlic and cook for another minute or so.
- 4Add in the Arborio rice and saute for a few minutes, making sure all the rice pieces are toasted slightly.
- 5Add in just enough stock to cover the rice and stir frequently.
- 6As the rice absorbs the stock add the remainder of the stock and let the risotto cook through.(16-20 minutes).
- 7If it is not tender add some hot water until the risotto is tender.
- 8When cooked through add in 1/2 of lemon juice, lemon zest, Parmesan, mozzarella and half-and-half and parsley leaves.
- 9Mix thoroughly.
- 10Taste to see if there is enough lemon juice, if not add the remaining amt. Also, check for seasonings; add salt and pepper to taste.
- 11Allow to cool for an hour or so.
- 12FRY THE BALLS:.
- 13Heat the oil to 375F in a large pot.
- 14Place the panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish.
- 15Using a small spoon or small ice cream scooper form the risotto into 1" balls and roll them in the bread crumbs.
- 16Set aside until complete.
- 17Place a few balls in the hot oil at a time.
- 18Cook the balls for 2-3 minutes.
- 19Drain them on paper towels.
- 20Sprinkle with Parmesan and serve.
- 21*Use with a marinara type sauce for dipping.
Browse Our Top Short-Grain Rice Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Lemon Parmesan Risotto Balls
Serving Size: 1 (82 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 30
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 156.3
- Calories from Fat 42
- Total Fat 4.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 8.8 mg
- Sodium 223.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 1.5 g
- Protein 5.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: