My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Beignets: Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in bowl.
- 2Add milk, beer and egg and stir until smooth.
- 3Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy deep skillet to 375°F.
- 4Working in batches, dip bananas into batter and then carefully add to oil.
- 5Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 6Drain on paper towels.
- 7Pour caramel sauce onto plates.
- 8Set bananas atop sauce.
- 9Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- 10Garnish plates with mint leaves and serve.
- 11Caramel Sauce: Bring cream to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- 12Cook sugar in heavy small saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until brown.
- 13Gradually stir hot cream into caramel (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- 14Boil until thickened to sauce consistency, 3 to 5 minutes.
- 15Add bourbon.
- 16Serve hot.
- 17(Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over low heat.) Makes about 1 1/3 cups.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Like Brennan's Of Houston's Banana Beignets
Serving Size: 1 (306 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 589.9
- Calories from Fat 227
- Total Fat 25.2 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 139.7 mg
- Sodium 151.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 82.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 48.0 g
- Protein 7.8 g