Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 20 mins
- Beignets: Mix flour, sugar and baking powder in bowl.
- Add milk, beer and egg and stir until smooth.
- Heat oil in deep fryer or heavy deep skillet to 375°F.
- Working in batches, dip bananas into batter and then carefully add to oil.
- Cook until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Pour caramel sauce onto plates.
- Set bananas atop sauce.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar.
- Garnish plates with mint leaves and serve.
- Caramel Sauce: Bring cream to boil in heavy medium saucepan over high heat.
- Cook sugar in heavy small saucepan over low heat, swirling pan occasionally, until brown.
- Gradually stir hot cream into caramel (mixture will bubble vigorously).
- Boil until thickened to sauce consistency, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add bourbon.
- Serve hot.
- (Sauce can be prepared 1 day ahead. Cover and refrigerate. Rewarm over low heat.) Makes about 1 1/3 cups.