This is one of my favorite appetizers from my favorite cookbook, "Madame Wong's Long-Life Chinese Cookbook. These may be frozen after cooking them and then reheated for a few minutes in a hot oven.
- 1⁄2 lb crabmeat
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 1 egg white
- 32 wonton wrappers
- 2 -4 cups oil, for deep-frying
- 1⁄2 cup chinese mustard powder (I usually just use Colman's English mustard)
- 1⁄2 cup cold water
- Put the first six ingredients in a food processor; mix well.
- If not using a food processor, mix well with a spoon.
- Wet the edge of each won ton wrapper with egg white; put 1/2 tablespoon of the mixture in the center, bring edges together to form a triangle and press well to seal.
- Heat oil in a wok or frying pan to 375°F.
- Deep-fry triangles for 2 minutes.
- Serve with mustard sauce.
- Mustard Sauce: Stir mustard into water slowly until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Set aside for 15 minutes before using to allow flavor to mellow.