1/2 Photos of Maryland Fried Chicken With Milk Gravy
Maryland Jim's Note:
It's been a while since I've made this. I got it out of a BG&E cookbook a number of years ago.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Fry bacon in large skillet until crips; drain on paper towels. Reserve fat.
- 2Add enough oil to bacon drippings to make 1 inch fat in skillet. Combine 1/2 cup flour, salt and pepper in a plastic storage bag; shake to combine.
- 3Add chicken pieces to bag; coat well. Shake off excess.
- 4Heat fat until hot but not smoking; add chicken pieces. Brown on all sides. Reduce heat; cover and cook over low heat, turning once, for about 20 to 25 minutes or until fork tender.
- 5Remove chicken and keep warm. Remove all except 3 tablespoons fat from skillet; stir in remaining flour.
- 6Cook over medium heat until bubbly. Gradually pour in half and half, stirring constantly. Cook until mixture is smooth and thick. Adjust seasonings. To serve, pour gravy over chicken and garnish with bacon strips.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Maryland Fried Chicken With Milk Gravy
Serving Size: 1 (231 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 741.3
- Calories from Fat 454
- Total Fat 50.4 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 214.0 mg
- Sodium 729.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 19.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 48.9 g