1/3 Photos of Mexican Fried Chicken
12 hrs 40 mins
Fried chicken with a Mexican flair. I got this when I lived in California. It makes gooood chicken.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 broiler-fryer chicken (cut-up or 4 lg chicken breasts)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chili peppers
- 2 tablespoons fresh cilantro
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 garlic clove (or 1/2 tsp garlic powder)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- lime wedge (optional)
- 1In a bowl combine sour cream, milk, chili peppers, cilantro, lime juice, garlic, cumin, salt, and black pepper.
- 2Place chicken pieces in a bag and set in a shallow dish.
- 3Pour sour cream mixture over chicken, seal bag.
- 4Refrigerate overnight, turn bag occasionally.
- 5Place flour in a shallow dish.
- 6Remove chicken from sour cream mixture shaking off excess.
- 7Discard remaining sour cream mixture.
- 8Add chicken pieces to flour mixture, a few at a time, turning to coat.
- 9Add oil to a 12-inch heavy skillet to a depth of 1/4 to 1/2 inch.
- 10Heat over medium high heat until hot (350F) Reduce heat.
- 11Carefully add chicken to the skillet. Cook uncovered, over medium heat about 40 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink (170 F for breast, 180F for thighs and drumsticks), turning occasionally to brown evenly.
- 12Drain on paper towel.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Mexican Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (392 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 762.8
- Calories from Fat 434
- Total Fat 48.2 g
- Saturated Fat 18.1 g
- Cholesterol 200.9 mg
- Sodium 640.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 31.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 1.7 g
- Protein 49.1 g