These are rich and spicy flavored doughnuts. This is Dot's recipe and she has made a few of these. She's 98!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Oil needs to be approximately 4 inches deep.
- 2Use fryer or cast iron Dutch oven.
- 3Mix egg, sugar and butter.
- 4Add molasses and stir.
- 5Add flour and spices.
- 6Stir baking soda into sour milk and add to dough.
- 7Mix in gently and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- 8Turn chilled dough out on floured surface and roll out to ½ inch thickness.
- 9Cut out with doughnut cutter and fry, turning once (Do about 4 at a time).
- 10Drain on paper toweling.
- 11Makes 12 doughnuts and 12 doughnut holes.
- 12Roll in cinnamon sugar if you like.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Molasses Doughnuts from Dot's Recipes
Serving Size: 1 (44 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 136.8
- Calories from Fat 15
- Total Fat 1.7 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 20.6 mg
- Sodium 83.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 27.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 12.5 g
- Protein 2.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: