Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
These are rich and spicy flavored doughnuts. This is Dot's recipe and she has made a few of these. She's 98!
- Oil needs to be approximately 4 inches deep.
- Use fryer or cast iron Dutch oven.
- Mix egg, sugar and butter.
- Add molasses and stir.
- Add flour and spices.
- Stir baking soda into sour milk and add to dough.
- Mix in gently and refrigerate for at least two hours.
- Turn chilled dough out on floured surface and roll out to ½ inch thickness.
- Cut out with doughnut cutter and fry, turning once (Do about 4 at a time).
- Drain on paper toweling.
- Makes 12 doughnuts and 12 doughnut holes.
- Roll in cinnamon sugar if you like.