Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This is my mom's submission to the church cookbook. I generally hate onions but even I think these are great.
- Slice onions and separate into rings.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, oil, flour and salt; stir until smooth.
- Dip onion rings into batter.
- Let excess batter drip off.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and place on paper towels to drain.
- Freezing instructions: place in freezer bags and freeze. To reheat, place on tray in 375 degree oven for a few minutes.
Yum! Hard to believe that this hasn't been reviewed yet! These were simple and really good. Thanks Sarah_Jane for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.