Prep 30 mins
Cook 20 mins
Another recipe from the 1980 version of the Grace Evangelical Congregational Church cookbook from Muir, Pennsylvania that was given to me by my Nana when I became an adult. This is my mom's submission to the church cookbook. I generally hate onions but even I think these are great.
- Slice onions and separate into rings.
- Combine beaten egg, milk, oil, flour and salt; stir until smooth.
- Dip onion rings into batter.
- Let excess batter drip off.
- Fry for 2-3 minutes and place on paper towels to drain.
- Freezing instructions: place in freezer bags and freeze. To reheat, place on tray in 375 degree oven for a few minutes.
Yum! Hard to believe that this hasn't been reviewed yet! These were simple and really good. Thanks Sarah_Jane for a nice keeper. Made for Bargain Basement Tag.