Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
My family loves chicken fried steak. I like flavor, so I created this recipe. Serve with mashed potatoes and cream gravy.
- Sprinkle 1/2 t. cajun seasoning and wine over steak. Let set 1 hour or overnight.
- Mix crackers, 1 cup flour, baking powder, and remaining seasonings in a bowl.
- Mix buttermilk and egg in separate bowl.
- Place 1/2 cup flour in separate bowl.
- Dip steak in flour, then egg mixture then in seasoned cracker crumbs.
- Fry coated steaks in a skillet with peanut oil until golden brown. Keep steaks warm in a 225 oven until ready to serve.
- You can make your cream gravy from the pan drippings.
This is a great recipe....I used Merlot in the marinade. Dh loved this...I have made it twice now...just love it. Thank you for posting....