My family loves chicken fried steak. I like flavor, so I created this recipe. Serve with mashed potatoes and cream gravy.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sprinkle 1/2 t. cajun seasoning and wine over steak. Let set 1 hour or overnight.
- 2Mix crackers, 1 cup flour, baking powder, and remaining seasonings in a bowl.
- 3Mix buttermilk and egg in separate bowl.
- 4Place 1/2 cup flour in separate bowl.
- 5Dip steak in flour, then egg mixture then in seasoned cracker crumbs.
- 6Fry coated steaks in a skillet with peanut oil until golden brown. Keep steaks warm in a 225 oven until ready to serve.
- 7You can make your cream gravy from the pan drippings.
Browse Our Top Steak Recipes
Nutritional Facts for My Chicken Fried Steak
Serving Size: 1 (322 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1515.7
- Calories from Fat 1329
- Total Fat 147.6 g
- Saturated Fat 25.1 g
- Cholesterol 36.8 mg
- Sodium 290.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 40.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: