Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep2 hrs 30 mins
Dutch new years treat ... oily balls! This recipe, unlike most, calls for a package of Oetker vanilla pudding mix. You can leave out some of the fruits, to your taste.
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1 cup lukewarm water
- 1 tablespoon yeast
- 2 cups boiled milk
- 1 1⁄2 cups cold water
- 6 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup chopped glace fruit
- 1 cup raisins
- 1 cup currants
- 3 granny smith apples, cut into small pieces
- 2 pears, cut into small pieces
- 1 (43 g) packagedr. oetker pudding mix (vanilla or almond)
- salt, to taste
- sunflower oil, for deep frying
- icing sugar (optional)
- Add sugar to the lukewarm water and stir until dissolved. Add the yeast and allow the mixture to stand for 10 minutes.
- Boil milk, let cool and then mix in a large bowl with the cold water and the yeast mixture. Stir well.
- Mix together the flour, Dutch pudding and salt and add to the liquid mixture alternately with the glacéed fruit, raisins, currants and fresh fruit.
- Warm oven to 100 degrees F, then turn oven off, leaving the light on. Cover bowl and let rise in the oven for 1-2 hours, until the dough has doubled in bulk.
- Heat sunflower oil to 375 degrees F. Use a large spoon to scoop oliebollen and deep-fry, until golden brown.
- Serve on a large platter. You can sprinkle with icing sugar, if desired.