R. Warren Meddoff's Note:
Its fresh Mango time here in Florida! Here is a dish that combines fresh mangoes, chicken, ginger and scallions in a family pleasing dish!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon dark soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- 1/4 cup dry sherry or 1/4 cup rice wine
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1/4 cup rice wine or 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1Batter-Combine dry ingredients in large bowl, gradually add water and mix to a smooth batter, whisk for three minutes, cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
- 2Sauce-Combine all ingredients, mix well and set aside.
- 3Heat 2 cups oil in wok to 350 degrees F.
- 4Place chicken pieces in batter.
- 5Remove chicken piece individually from batter and drop into hot oil one at a time, fry until golden brown; drain on paper towels.
- 6Repeat with remaining chicken in batches.
- 7Set chicken aside.
- 8In clean wok heat remaining 2 tbs oil.
- 9Stir fry ginger pieces for two minutes.
- 10Stir sauce mixture and add to ginger stirring until sauce is boiling, reduce heat, and simmer for 3 minutes.
- 11Add chicken, mangoes and scallions to simmering sauce and toss for 3 minutes.
- 12Serve Immediately, otherwise the batter will soften.
- 13I recommend that this dish be served over Jasmine Rice and garnished with a sprinkling of toasted sesame seeds.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Oriental Chicken and Mango
Serving Size: 1 (676 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1593.4
- Calories from Fat 1080
- Total Fat 120.0 g
- Saturated Fat 20.6 g
- Cholesterol 133.4 mg
- Sodium 879.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
- Sugars 21.2 g
- Protein 58.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: