1/2 Photos of Outback Bloomin' Onion
Teresa Johnson's Note:
i used to work at outback and the only batter they use is a normal egg wash 10 eggs per 1 gal of milk. you dust w/ flour then dip in egg wash and then flour again and fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 20 eggs
- 2 gallons milk
- 4 vidalia onions (4 to 6 Inch Diameter) or 4 texas sweet onions (4 to 6 Inch Diameter)
Creamy Chili Sauce
- 1Mix cornstarch, flour and seasonings until well blended.
- 2Add beer, mix well.
- 3Cut about 3/4" off top of onion and peel.
- 4At "Outback" they soak them cutside down in water to spread them out before "breading" them!
- 5Cut into onion 12-16 vertical wedges but do not cut through bottom root end.
- 6Remove about 1" of petals from center of onion.
- 7Dip onion in seasoned flour and remove excess by shaking.
- 8Separate petals to coat thoroughly with batter.
- 9Gently place in fryer basket and deep-fry at 375-400 for 1-1/2 minutes.
- 10Turn over and fry 1-1/2 minutes longer or until golden brown.
- 11Drain on paper towels.
- 12Place onion upright in shallow bowl and remove center core with circular cutter or apple corer.
- 13Serve hot with Creamy Chili Sauce.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Outback Bloomin' Onion
Serving Size: 1 (10447 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2573.2
- Calories from Fat 1424
- Total Fat 158.3 g
- Saturated Fat 71.5 g
- Cholesterol 1293.6 mg
- Sodium 2247.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 184.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.7 g
- Sugars 17.6 g
- Protein 107.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
tomato chili sauce