Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
I haven't had Outback's wings to compare, but these are delicious! Add more hot sauce if you like real spicy wings!
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 1⁄3 cup louisiana hot sauce
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Good Seasonings Italian salad dressing mix (dry)
- oil (for frying)
- 20 chicken wings
- Heat butter, sauce and seasonings over medium heat until all flavors are blended.
- Deep fry wings until done.
- Toss wings and sauce together while wings are still hot.
Did not taste exactly like Outback wings but was really close...Next time I will post pictures.
I read the name of this dish and had to inspect. Being an Aussie mum (Aussie is pronounced Ozzie, like Mozzie) I can assure you kookaburra wings aren't available to buy, honey soy is the norm. Funny to see such an important bird to our land used in a dish - its funny. Thanks for posting, it gave me a giggle.
I have never had the kookaburra wings from outback but I loved this recipe. I just added a teaspoon of brown sugar and cumin for a little extra flavor. I also used Texas Pete (the only hot sauce I use or have ever had) lol but I will be making these wings again!!!