Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is good served with a green salad and boiled potatoes. Can also be done with salmon.
Make and share this Pan Fried Trout recipe from Food.com.
- Rinse trout fillets under cold running water, pat dry and cut in serving pieces.
- Fry bacon until crisp.
- Remove from pan and drain on paper towels.
- Set aside.
- In a bowl, beat egg.
- Stir in milk, salt and pepper.
- In a pie plate, combine flour, cornmeal, and paprika.
- Dip fish pieces in egg mixture, then coat with flour mixture.
- Fry in the reserved (hot) bacon fat until fish are golden brown, 2-3 minutes on each side.
- Drain on paper towels and garnish with bacon.
This is a wonderful fish recipe. The trout came out crispy and delicious. I used fresh rainbow trout filets with their skin. Thanks for posting the recipe Mae.
This is one of the best recipes I ever made for fried trout. WOW!! the bacon grease is a MUST from now on. What a great flavor this gives off!! :) I use white cornmeal and I added more black pepper. My DH loved it and told me from now on we need to use this recipe when frying trout. Thanks so much!!