1/3 Photos of Panko and Blue Cheese Olive Sumbishiz
Sandi (From CA)'s Note:
I LOVE panko…you could fry just about anything in it (Stridex Pads….lawn furniture….) and I’m game for chowin’ down. It’s so much crispier than bread crumbs and, in my opinion, sticks better to whatever you’re frying. This recipe steals from another of mine (which I stole from Emeril, so it’s not really mine) called Blue (Bleu) Cheese Stuffed Olives. The variation here is that these are panko-coated and “shallow-deep” fried.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1** OPTIONAL ** If you’re using the almonds, season them with Essence of Emeril and toast them in a single layer in 350F oven until lightly browned; about 6 minutes being careful not to burn. Cool slightly, then form a bit of blue cheese around an almond sliver and stuff into an olive. Repeat with remaining stuffing/olives.
- 2** OTHERWISE ** Stuff about ½ teaspoon blue cheese into each olive.
- 3Place lightly beaten eggs in Bowl #1.
- 4Season flour with pepper and place in Bowl #2.
- 5Place the panko in Bowl #3.
- 6Dredge olives, one at a time, through Bowl #1, then Bowl #2, back to Bowl #1, and finally through Bowl #3. (Eggs, flour, eggs, panko) You may need a fork to rescue the slippery olives from the egg. Handle gently and let any excess material fall/drip off before moving to the next bowl.
- 7Place coated olives on plate, cover loosely with wrap and chill for at least 2 hours.
- 8When ready to continue, heat oil in a deep fryer or stock pot to 375F degrees.
- 9Fry uncrowded olives in skillet for 2-3 minutes or until medium-brown, then drain on brown paper bag or paper towels.
- 10Inhale said olives before anyone gets home and prepare to look innocent.
Browse Our Top Garnishes Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Garnishes Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Panko and Blue Cheese Olive Sumbishiz
Serving Size: 1 (1672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 453.5
- Calories from Fat 430
- Total Fat 47.8 g
- Saturated Fat 8.2 g
- Cholesterol 18.6 mg
- Sodium 234.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 1.8 g