Kim Ong's Note:
This is an interesting Chinese Cantonese dish, that we usually ordered in Chinese restaurants. Ideal for buffets and dinner parties.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Get grease-proof paper and cut into 18cm by 18cm 12 square pieces of papers.
- 2Marinate the chicken pieces with seasoning 1 for 15 minutes.
- 3Brush 1 side of the each paper with oil.
- 4Place a piece of chicken at one corner of the paper.
- 5Fold up this corner to cover the chicken.
- 6Then fold the sides to cover the chicken as well.
- 7Fold the remaining corner down and tuck into the pocket to make a package.
- 8Repeat for the rest of the chicken pieces.
- 9Heat oil in a saucepan for deep-frying.
- 10When the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- 11Place in the packages and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- 12Remove and drain the packages off excess oil.
- 13Serve hot.
- 14The packages are to be open by the diners themselves.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paper-Wrapped Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (311 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 58.5
- Calories from Fat 36
- Total Fat 4.0 g
- Saturated Fat 0.9 g
- Cholesterol 14.1 mg
- Sodium 319.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 1.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 3.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
light soya sauce