Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is an interesting Chinese Cantonese dish, that we usually ordered in Chinese restaurants. Ideal for buffets and dinner parties.
- Get grease-proof paper and cut into 18cm by 18cm 12 square pieces of papers.
- Marinate the chicken pieces with seasoning 1 for 15 minutes.
- Brush 1 side of the each paper with oil.
- Place a piece of chicken at one corner of the paper.
- Fold up this corner to cover the chicken.
- Then fold the sides to cover the chicken as well.
- Fold the remaining corner down and tuck into the pocket to make a package.
- Repeat for the rest of the chicken pieces.
- Heat oil in a saucepan for deep-frying.
- When the oil is hot, reduce the heat to medium-low.
- Place in the packages and fry for about 5 to 7 minutes.
- Remove and drain the packages off excess oil.
- Serve hot.
- The packages are to be open by the diners themselves.
Kim, THANK YOU! This looks wonderful, I can't wait to try it! I "think" if I minch or finely dice the chicken it may be just what I was looking for! Again, thank you.