1 hr 5 mins
I came across this in a 2001 Indian newspaper while doing Spring Cleaning :) I think it sounds great! If you do try it out, let me know the feedback on this one. Thanks and Cheers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg chicken, cleaned, washed and cut into medium sized pieces
- 6 garlic cloves
- 2 inches piece fresh ginger
- 4 tablespoons fresh coriander leaves, washed and chopped
- 6 green chilies, washed and slit
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 small sized onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tablespoon salad oil
- 1 teaspoon all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, beaten
- breadcrumbs, to coat the chicken pieces
- oil, to deep fry
- 1In the grinder, grind together the garlic, ginger, corriander leaves, green chillies, cumin seeds and onion.
- 2Transfer to a bowl.
- 3Add the salad oil, flour and Worcestershire sauce to the prepared masala paste.
- 4Dip the chicken pieces in this mixture and coat well with the masala on both sides.
- 5Allow to marinate for 8 hours.
- 6Thereafter, beat an egg in a bowl and dip the chicken pieces in the beaten egg.
- 7Coat the chicken pieces dipped in egg with breadcrumbs.
- 8Heat oil in a wok.
- 9Deep fry the chicken pieces in the oil until lightly browned on either side and thoroughly cooked.
- 10Drain on a clean kitchen paper towel.
- 11Serve hot.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Parsi Special Chicken Farcha
Serving Size: 1 (241 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 423.6
- Calories from Fat 250
- Total Fat 27.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.4 g
- Cholesterol 166.9 mg
- Sodium 173.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.4 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 31.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: