3 hrs 4 mins
An inexpensive, tasty Celebrity Chef recipe. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper; mix well, breaking up any lumps.
- 2Add chopped onions, green peppers, green onion tops and egg, stirring thoroughly.
- 3Note: Mix will be very dry.
- 4Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours, but no longer than 3 hours or batter will get too moist.
- 5Shape the dough into small balls for deep frying.
- 6In a deep skillet, wok, electric frying pan or a proper deepfryer, heat your preferred deep-frying oil to 330F, slip hush puppies into hot oil, turn heat to low and fry in small batches until dark golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- 7Drain on towels and serve hot.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paul Prudhomme's Sweet Hush Puppies
Serving Size: 1 (162 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 312.3
- Calories from Fat 19
- Total Fat 2.1 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 717.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 68.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.1 g
- Sugars 27.7 g
- Protein 6.8 g