Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
An inexpensive, tasty Celebrity Chef recipe. Prep time includes refrigeration time.
Make and share this Paul Prudhomme's Sweet Hush Puppies recipe from Food.com.
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, cornmeal, baking powder, salt, pepper; mix well, breaking up any lumps.
- Add chopped onions, green peppers, green onion tops and egg, stirring thoroughly.
- Note: Mix will be very dry.
- Cover and refrigerate for about 2 hours, but no longer than 3 hours or batter will get too moist.
- Shape the dough into small balls for deep frying.
- In a deep skillet, wok, electric frying pan or a proper deepfryer, heat your preferred deep-frying oil to 330F, slip hush puppies into hot oil, turn heat to low and fry in small batches until dark golden brown, about 4 minutes.
- Drain on towels and serve hot.