This recipe came from Paula Deen who has a cooking show on the Food Network. This chicken is so good. The house seasoning is made in bulk. You can store this for several months.
- Mix seasoning together and store in airtight container for up to 6 months.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with water. Add enough hot sauce so mixture is bright orange.
- In another bowl, combine flour and pepper. Season chicken with house seasoning. You can let the chicken sit in hot sauce for up to 1 hour. It will not make the chicken spicy.
- Dip Chicken in egg and coat well with flour mix.
- Heat oil to 300 degrees in deep pot. Don't fill pot more than half full of oil.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown and crispy. Dark meat goes in first and takes 13-14 minutes. White meat takes 8-10 minutes.
- Preparation depends on how long you let the chicken soak in hot sauce.