1/2 Photos of Paula Deens Fried Chicken
1 hr 30 mins
Chef #260920's Note:
This recipe came from Paula Deen who has a cooking show on the Food Network. This chicken is so good. The house seasoning is made in bulk. You can store this for several months.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 eggs
- 1/3 cup water
- 1 cup hot red pepper sauce (does not make chicken spicy)
- 2 cups self rising flour
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 1/2 lbs chicken, cut into pieces
- peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1Mix seasoning together and store in airtight container for up to 6 months.
- 2In medium bowl, beat eggs with water. Add enough hot sauce so mixture is bright orange.
- 3In another bowl, combine flour and pepper. Season chicken with house seasoning. You can let the chicken sit in hot sauce for up to 1 hour. It will not make the chicken spicy.
- 4Dip Chicken in egg and coat well with flour mix.
- 5Heat oil to 300 degrees in deep pot. Don't fill pot more than half full of oil.
- 6Fry chicken in oil until brown and crispy. Dark meat goes in first and takes 13-14 minutes. White meat takes 8-10 minutes.
- 7Preparation depends on how long you let the chicken soak in hot sauce.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Paula Deens Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (347 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 713.1
- Calories from Fat 287
- Total Fat 31.9 g
- Saturated Fat 9.1 g
- Cholesterol 340.8 mg
- Sodium 29669.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.4 g
- Sugars 2.7 g
- Protein 46.8 g