Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
This recipe came from Paula Deen who has a cooking show on the Food Network. This chicken is so good. The house seasoning is made in bulk. You can store this for several months.
- Mix seasoning together and store in airtight container for up to 6 months.
- In medium bowl, beat eggs with water. Add enough hot sauce so mixture is bright orange.
- In another bowl, combine flour and pepper. Season chicken with house seasoning. You can let the chicken sit in hot sauce for up to 1 hour. It will not make the chicken spicy.
- Dip Chicken in egg and coat well with flour mix.
- Heat oil to 300 degrees in deep pot. Don't fill pot more than half full of oil.
- Fry chicken in oil until brown and crispy. Dark meat goes in first and takes 13-14 minutes. White meat takes 8-10 minutes.
- Preparation depends on how long you let the chicken soak in hot sauce.
I thought I made good southern fried chicken!Well,I concede.This is the best I have ever had.The crust is light and flaky,seasonings just right.It turned out beautifully.I should have taken pictures.I will try as I have a few pieces left.Will throw out any other recipes I have for fried chicken.I did not change anything.
this is totally the best I so very love it and i loved the show that you did with that lady. it was funny but it was great.i am so glad that it is a dinner recipe. ive been trying to make fried chicken but it turned out bad Iam so glad his is on a show . thank you so very much.
I had to make this after I came back from Savannah and eating at Paula Dean's restaurant. OH SO GOOD!!! This recipe makes it taste just like the chicken at the restaurant. Very good.