Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
One of the girls at work makes these every year and we go crazy over them. She finally shared her recipe so I want to share it with you. (She deep frys these but you can fry them on the stovetop)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Blanch pecans for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Transfer hot pecans to large bowl and toss with confectioners sugar to coat.
- Heat oil to appox 350 deg.
- Carefully add pecans in small batches and fry until golden and crunchy.
- Remove pecans and put on baking pan.
- Season nuts with pepper and salt mixture.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- (If you fry the pecans and they look soggy at all, add the pepper mixture and place them in the oven at 350 deg until crunchy.).