deb k's Note:
One of the girls at work makes these every year and we go crazy over them. She finally shared her recipe so I want to share it with you. (She deep frys these but you can fry them on the stovetop)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- 2Blanch pecans for 5 min.
- 3Remove from heat and drain well.
- 4Transfer hot pecans to large bowl and toss with confectioners sugar to coat.
- 5Heat oil to appox 350 deg.
- 6Carefully add pecans in small batches and fry until golden and crunchy.
- 7Remove pecans and put on baking pan.
- 8Season nuts with pepper and salt mixture.
- 9Let cool.
- 10Store in airtight container.
- 11(If you fry the pecans and they look soggy at all, add the pepper mixture and place them in the oven at 350 deg until crunchy.).
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pecans-on-Fire
Serving Size: 1 (391 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 4762.4
- Calories from Fat 4660
- Total Fat 517.8 g
- Saturated Fat 39.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1745.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.7 g
- Sugars 33.9 g
- Protein 10.7 g