Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
One of the girls at work makes these every year and we go crazy over them. She finally shared her recipe so I want to share it with you. (She deep frys these but you can fry them on the stovetop)
- Bring large pot of water to a boil.
- Blanch pecans for 5 min.
- Remove from heat and drain well.
- Transfer hot pecans to large bowl and toss with confectioners sugar to coat.
- Heat oil to appox 350 deg.
- Carefully add pecans in small batches and fry until golden and crunchy.
- Remove pecans and put on baking pan.
- Season nuts with pepper and salt mixture.
- Let cool.
- Store in airtight container.
- (If you fry the pecans and they look soggy at all, add the pepper mixture and place them in the oven at 350 deg until crunchy.).
Made these for my wife's office party. The girls in her office loved them. Even the ones that do not ordinarily eat hot food.
I am so glad I chose this as one of my Pick Your Chef July 2003 recipes! Sweet and hot, these were delicious! I used 2 teaspoons of hot Hungarian paprika and then used some Cajun seasoning instead of the cayenne, since the paprika was adding enough heat. Thanks for a wonderful recipe!
They were GREAT!! I did deep fry the pecans. Everyone at the office made pigs of themselves.. I did add curry powder to half of the batch. That made an instresting talk for all these southern gals... I will use this again and again...