This recipe has an awesome tasting sauce.It takes a bit of preparing and cooking but the outcome is delicous. You could use chicken thighs instead if you prefer.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 whole chicken breasts
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon dry sherry
- 1/2 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1 egg white
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 1With skin side down, place breasts flat on board. Cut slits all over flesh to break up muscle fibre and tendons, this will prevent meat shrinking during cooking. Pound meat out slightly.
- 2Sprinkle salt, sugar, dry sherry, sesame oil and lightly beaten egg white over meat, mix well, stand 30 minutes.
- 3Coat meat thoroughly with cornflour.
- 4Heat pan, add oil; when oil is hot add pieces of chicken. Fry gently until golden brown and cooked through, turning once, drain.
- 5Repeat with the rest until they are all done.
- 6Chop meat into 1cm strips. Arrange on serving plate, pour sauce over.
- 7Sauce: Combine ginger, crushed garlic, tomato sauce, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and salt in a bowl, let stand 30 minutes.
- 8Strain sauce into a sauce pan, add combined cornflour and water, mix well.
- 9Stir sauce over medium heat until sauce boils and thickens, add sesame oil and mix well together.
Browse Our Top Chicken Breast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Breast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peking Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (373 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1185.5
- Calories from Fat 933
- Total Fat 103.6 g
- Saturated Fat 16.6 g
- Cholesterol 139.2 mg
- Sodium 1130.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.3 g
- Sugars 13.5 g
- Protein 47.2 g