Kikai's Kitchen's Note:
I'm rarely crabby but I DO love crabs! - and this is an easy way of fixing them. Works with prawns too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 pieces crabs or 15 pieces shell-on king prawns
- 6 pieces garlic cloves, crushed & chopped
- 6 pieces shallots, chopped
- 2 pieces dried chilies
- 1 teaspoon ginger, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 teaspoon coarse black pepper
- 2 teaspoons cornflour
- salt and pepper, to season
- 4 spring onions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lard or 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, for stir frying
- cooking oil, for deep frying
- 1Season crabs or prawns with black pepper, salt and corn flour.
- 2Deep fry until almost done and set aside.
- 3Heat wok and add cooking oil. Stir-fry the garlic, shallots, chili, ginger, onions and black pepper for 2 minutes.
- 4Add crabs/prawns then fry for 2 more minutes.
- 5Add the spring onion then cover the wok to cook for another minute.
- 6Serve hot.
- 7TIP: You might want to cracked the shells and the pincers of the crabs a little bit after deep frying so it will absorb the flavor when you sauté it with the rest of the ingredients.
Browse Our Top Crab Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Crab Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Peppered Crab
Serving Size: 1 (69 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 146.3
- Calories from Fat 116
- Total Fat 12.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.0 g
- Cholesterol 12.1 mg
- Sodium 5.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 1.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: