Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 1 hr
I can't remember where I learned to fry chicken like this, but it's the only way that works for me.
Make and share this Perfect Fried Chicken recipe from Food.com.
- Try to use a deep fryer if you have one- heat the oil to 350 degrees.
- Combine the water, tablespoon of salt and 1/2 t Accent.
- Put the chicken into this marinade and let sit for 30 minutes (or longer if you start early).
- In one bowl, combine the egg and milk.
- In another bowl, combine the flour, 2 1/2 t salt, pepper and 3/4 t Accent.
- Coat the chicken in the flour mixture, dip in the egg mixture, then coat again in the flour mixture.
- Drop the pieces about 3-4 at a time into the hot oil and fry for about 12 minutes.
- Do not crowd the oil.
- Remove to paper towels in a collander and drain.
This is very good chicken. I put this in my T-Fal chicken fryer. The flavors are good, but I think it could have used a little more spice, maybe a little poultry seasoning would be good. It came out of the fryer beautiful, and was crunchy, but not hard crisp. I will make this again and try the poultry seasoning. Thanks Kim!