This is a Filipino snack. We love this!! Got this from a Philippine Cookbook but did some modifications because of the measurements and the availability of the ingredients, I have to substitute some of them.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1To make the dough: Mix in mochiko rice and coconut flakes.
- 2Add water little by little until you can form the dough into small balls.
- 3Dust the board with rice flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- 4Pull each ball to form an 8 inch cylinder dough.
- 5Twist the dough into a number 8. Or like a pretzel.
- 6To make the caramel syrup:In the mean time while the dough is frying, melt the brown sugar in 1 cup of oil.
- 7Lower heat until it reaches the caramel syrup stage.
- 8Dip each dough twist to coat with the syrup.
- 9Serve hot and enjoy.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pilipit (Glazed Rice Flour Twists)
Serving Size: 1 (189 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1045.2
- Calories from Fat 738
- Total Fat 82.0 g
- Saturated Fat 13.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 23.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 76.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 36.3 g
- Protein 4.1 g