Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a Filipino snack. We love this!! Got this from a Philippine Cookbook but did some modifications because of the measurements and the availability of the ingredients, I have to substitute some of them.
- To make the dough: Mix in mochiko rice and coconut flakes.
- Add water little by little until you can form the dough into small balls.
- Dust the board with rice flour to prevent the dough from sticking.
- Pull each ball to form an 8 inch cylinder dough.
- Twist the dough into a number 8. Or like a pretzel.
- To make the caramel syrup:In the mean time while the dough is frying, melt the brown sugar in 1 cup of oil.
- Lower heat until it reaches the caramel syrup stage.
- Dip each dough twist to coat with the syrup.
- Serve hot and enjoy.
i want to try this recipe but it doesn't include any information on frying time or temperature. please revise it so i can give it a shot. thanks!