This is great and a real kid pleaser. The creole mustard sauce sets off the sweetness of the chicken just right. DH saw a demonstration of the recipe on an early morning show and searched the recipe out for me.
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-oz tenders
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard or 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green onion, sliced in pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
- Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour.
- Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour.
- Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325.
- Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- Drain and serve immediately with creole mustard sauce.
- For sauce:Mix all ingredients together.
The husband worked @ planet Hollywood back in the day and wanted me to try. They turned out great! Kiddos loved them too... will add to my recipe box for the future.. cheers!
This was wonderful! My entire family made it. I would double the recipe as they go fast. Delicious!!!
I tried this last night and it was fabulous!! Just like the restaurant! The mustard sauce is dead on! You can't use different ingredients at all or it won't be the same! Absolutely fabulous!!!!