1/1 Photo of Planet Hollywood Captain Crunch Chicken
This is great and a real kid pleaser. The creole mustard sauce sets off the sweetness of the chicken just right. DH saw a demonstration of the recipe on an early morning show and searched the recipe out for me.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1 1/2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-oz tenders
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup creole mustard or 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green onion, sliced in pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- 1Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
- 2Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
- 3Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper.
- 4Set aside.
- 5Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour.
- 6Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour.
- 7Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
- 8Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325.
- 9Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- 10Drain and serve immediately with creole mustard sauce.
- 11For sauce:Mix all ingredients together.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Planet Hollywood Captain Crunch Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (178 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.3
- Calories from Fat 207
- Total Fat 23.1 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 107.8 mg
- Sodium 656.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 28.6 g