This is great and a real kid pleaser. The creole mustard sauce sets off the sweetness of the chicken just right. DH saw a demonstration of the recipe on an early morning show and searched the recipe out for me.
- 2 cups Cap'n Crunch cereal
- 1 1⁄2 cups corn flakes
- 1 egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 lbs chicken breasts, cut in 1-oz tenders
- vegetable oil (for frying)
Creole Mustard Sauce
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄4 cup creole mustard or 1⁄4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon yellow mustard
- 1 teaspoon horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cider vinegar
- 1 dash Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon green onion, sliced in pieces
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped green pepper
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped celery
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped onion
- Coarsely grind or crush the two cereals and set aside.
- Beat the egg with milk and set aside.
- Stir together the flour, onion and garlic powders and black pepper.
- Set aside.
- Dip the chicken: pieces in the seasoned flour.
- Move around to coat well, then shake off the excess flour.
- Dip in the egg wash, coating well, then dip in the cereal mixture, coating well.
- Heat oil in a large heavy skillet to 325.
- Drop coated chicken tenders carefully in the hot oil and cook until golden brown and fully cooked, 3 to 5 minutes depending on size.
- Drain and serve immediately with creole mustard sauce.
- For sauce:Mix all ingredients together.