1/2 Photos of Plantain Fritters (Andre' Style)
The best breakfast dish you'll ever get your hands on. It's simple to make and tastes real good. It's one of those meals you can grab on the go or even use for lunch or a snack. You can even jazz up the dish by adding your best topping like pancake syrup.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup oil
- 1/4 cup minced onion (optional)
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 2 eggs
- 4 tablespoons water or 4 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 big plantains, sliced
- 1Prepare pot/skillet for frying the fritters.
- 2Combine all the batter mixture together and whisk until well blended.
- 3(Slice plantains to your desire. I slice my plantains round, similar to potato chips--just be careful not to do them too thin).
- 4Dip plantains into the batter, allow the extra mixture to run off. Fry until each side is golden brown.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Plantain Fritters (Andre' Style)
Serving Size: 1 (105 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 254.7
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 62.0 mg
- Sodium 26.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 35.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 9.1 g
- Protein 5.0 g