1/1 Photo of Polish Doughnuts - Paczki
3 hrs 10 mins
There are many recipes for Paczki. Some call for 10-20 egg yolks, grated orange or lemon rind, cream, rum or vodka. This is a simplified version flavored with mace. My Polish grandmother made her own plum jam from the trees in her yard but you can use your favorite. Posted by request. Prep time is estimated and includes rising time.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Scald milk and allow to cool to lukewarm, add yeast and stir.
- 2Beat sugar and butter until fluffy, add eggs, salt, vanilla and mace.
- 3Add flour and yeast-milk gradually, beating well.
- 4Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled in bulk.
- 5Punch down and let rise again.
- 6Roll out dough, on a floured surface, 3/4 inch thick.
- 7Cut out 1 1/2 inch circles.
- 8Top half of the circles with 1 tsp jam, cover with the remaining circles and seal edges.
- 9Heat oil mixed with 1 tbls water to 375°F.
- 10Fry, turning once, to a medium golden brown.
- 11Drain on paper towels and sprinkle with sugar.
Browse Our Top Yeast Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Yeast Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Polish Doughnuts - Paczki
Serving Size: 1 (1455 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 125.1
- Calories from Fat 38
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 34.9 mg
- Sodium 108.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 18.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.6 g
- Sugars 3.4 g
- Protein 2.9 g