1/1 Photo of Pollo Fundido
Niki D's Note:
This is my boyfriend's favorite dish. He is originally from the west coast, and now lives on the east coast. You really can't find this dish in restaurants on the east coast, so I decided to make it for him. I found ONE recipe for it on the internet ,and it wasn't very good. So I called the restaurant he used to get it at, and asked for the recipe. They gave me a few hints but kept the rest confidential. SO between what they told me, and what I found on this site I made up my own version. Hope you like it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- garlic, salt, pepper hot sauce (to taste)
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 1Dice your peppers, onion,and the chicken.
- 2Add seasonings.
- 3Cook in a saucepan until vegetables are soft and the chicken is fully cooked.
- 4Remove from heat.
- 5If you have a deep fryer start to heat it up.
- 6If you don't, use a big pot and heat the 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- 7You will be deep frying!
- 8(Tip:Flour tortillas are easier to work with when they are warm)
- 9Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll.
- 10(Tip: You might want to use tooth picks to keep the tortillas closed in the deep fryer).
- 11Place the filled tortilla in the deep fryer until crispy and brown.
- 12When done place on a paper towel to soak some of the grease.
- 13Put the finished tortillas in a baking dish large enough to fit all 12; set aside.
- 14Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 15To make filling: In a blender, Put the cream cheese, sour cream, half& half, garlic, and Jalapeño blend until creamy.
- 16Spoon the mixture over the tortillas, until covered sprinkle cheese on top.
- 17Bake in oven until the cheese has melted.
- 18Great with Mexican rice!
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pollo Fundido
Serving Size: 1 (494 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 782.0
- Calories from Fat 387
- Total Fat 43.1 g
- Saturated Fat 18.4 g
- Cholesterol 177.7 mg
- Sodium 792.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 5.6 g
- Protein 52.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
chili seasoning mix