This is my boyfriend's favorite dish. He is originally from the west coast, and now lives on the east coast. You really can't find this dish in restaurants on the east coast, so I decided to make it for him. I found ONE recipe for it on the internet ,and it wasn't very good. So I called the restaurant he used to get it at, and asked for the recipe. They gave me a few hints but kept the rest confidential. SO between what they told me, and what I found on this site I made up my own version. Hope you like it!
- 1 medium red onion
- 1 red pepper
- 1 green pepper
- 2 lbs boneless chicken breasts
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili seasoning mix
- garlic, salt, pepper hot sauce (to taste)
- 12 small flour tortillas
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 0.5 (8 ounce) package cream cheese
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- 1 jalapeno
- 1⁄4 cup half-and-half
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 cup grated monterey jack and cheddar cheese blend
- Dice your peppers, onion,and the chicken.
- Add seasonings.
- Cook in a saucepan until vegetables are soft and the chicken is fully cooked.
- Remove from heat.
- If you have a deep fryer start to heat it up.
- If you don't, use a big pot and heat the 2 cups of vegetable oil.
- You will be deep frying!
- (Tip:Flour tortillas are easier to work with when they are warm)
- Fill the tortillas with the chicken mixture and roll.
- (Tip: You might want to use tooth picks to keep the tortillas closed in the deep fryer).
- Place the filled tortilla in the deep fryer until crispy and brown.
- When done place on a paper towel to soak some of the grease.
- Put the finished tortillas in a baking dish large enough to fit all 12; set aside.
- Preheat oven to 325°F.
- To make filling: In a blender, Put the cream cheese, sour cream, half& half, garlic, and Jalapeño blend until creamy.
- Spoon the mixture over the tortillas, until covered sprinkle cheese on top.
- Bake in oven until the cheese has melted.
- Great with Mexican rice!