Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
So simple and very, very tasty. Great football food!
Make and share this Pork Sticks-aka-Pig on a stick recipe from Food.com.
- 6 -7 lbs boneless pork butt, cut into large chunks around 2 inches each
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 cup bottled hot sauce (like Tesas Pete)
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, mixed with the salt
- 2 cups seasoned fine dry breadcrumbs (like Progresso)
- 3 large eggs, beaten with milk
- vegetable oil
- Stir garlic, beer and hot sauce and marinate pork overnight-- a large freezer bag is good for this as you can flip it once or twice.
- Heat 1 1/2 inches of veg oil in a large, heavy skilled-cast iron if you have it-to med high.
- Put your flour in a large pie plate-your egg mixture in another, and the bread crumbs in yet another.
- Skewer pork.
- Roll each skewer in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- Fry on all sides until browned-remove and place on a rimed baking sheet.
- Repeat until done.
- Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.
"Pork Sticks" can be made into "City Chickens" by cutting beef round steak into cubes and alternating them on the bamboo with the pork. Very, very good...both hot from the oven or chilled.
Great meal idea!!!!