1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
So simple and very, very tasty. Great football food!
My Private Note
pork st ...
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -7 lbs boneless pork butt, cut into large chunks around 2 inches each
- 10 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 (12 ounce) bottle dark beer
- 1 cup bottled hot sauce (like Tesas Pete)
- bamboo skewer, soaked in water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup flour, mixed with the salt
- 2 cups seasoned fine dry breadcrumbs (like Progresso)
- 3 large eggs, beaten with milk
- vegetable oil
- 1Stir garlic, beer and hot sauce and marinate pork overnight-- a large freezer bag is good for this as you can flip it once or twice.
- 2Heat 1 1/2 inches of veg oil in a large, heavy skilled-cast iron if you have it-to med high.
- 3Put your flour in a large pie plate-your egg mixture in another, and the bread crumbs in yet another.
- 4Skewer pork.
- 5Roll each skewer in flour, then egg, then bread crumbs.
- 6Fry on all sides until browned-remove and place on a rimed baking sheet.
- 7Repeat until done.
- 8Bake at 325 for 1 1/2 hours.
Browse Our Top Pork Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Pork Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Pork Sticks-aka-Pig on a stick
Serving Size: 1 (477 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 973.3
- Calories from Fat 512
- Total Fat 56.9 g
- Saturated Fat 19.4 g
- Cholesterol 303.8 mg
- Sodium 1470.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 2.2 g
- Protein 71.9 g