Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is an Indian dish that is best enjoyed with kachoris or puris. It's usually had at lunch.
Make and share this Potato And Cauliflower Sour Vegetable recipe from Food.com.
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1⁄2 cup sour curd, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup tomato puree
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon anise seed (saunf)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander, for garnishing
- Peel potato skins.
- Pierce whole potatoes with a fork at 3-4 places all over.
- Place them on the circumference of a microwave turntable.
- Microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes so that they are partially cooked.
- Allow standing time of 5 minutes.
- Heat oil in a frying pan.
- Add black cardamom, bay leaf and asafoetida.
- Cut potatoes into big cubes and deep fry in hot oil on medium flame till pink in colour.
- Deep fry cauliflower florets similarly.
- Remove onto a tissue paper.
- Microwave oil on high for a minute in a glass dish.
- Add turmeric powder, aniseeds, carom seeds, red chilli powder, corriander powder, salt and garam masala to oil.
- Mix it really well.
- Add 6 tbsp of water.
- Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes uncovered.
- Add tomato puree now and microwave uncovered on high for a minute.
- Add fried potatoes and cauliflower.
- Mix well.
- Add curd.
- Mix and microwave on medium for 3 minutes uncovered.
- Serve immediately garnished with chopped corriander.