This is an Indian dish that is best enjoyed with kachoris or puris. It's usually had at lunch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 medium potatoes
- 1 head cauliflower, cut into florets
- 1/2 cup sour curd, beaten
- 1/4 cup tomato puree
- 1 black cardamom pod
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 1/2 tablespoons oil
- 1 pinch asafetida powder
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1/2 teaspoon anise seed (saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain)
- 1 teaspoon kashmiri chili powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 tablespoons coriander, for garnishing
- 1Peel potato skins.
- 2Pierce whole potatoes with a fork at 3-4 places all over.
- 3Place them on the circumference of a microwave turntable.
- 4Microwave on high for 3 1/2 minutes so that they are partially cooked.
- 5Allow standing time of 5 minutes.
- 6Heat oil in a frying pan.
- 7Add black cardamom, bay leaf and asafoetida.
- 8Cut potatoes into big cubes and deep fry in hot oil on medium flame till pink in colour.
- 9Deep fry cauliflower florets similarly.
- 10Remove onto a tissue paper.
- 11Microwave oil on high for a minute in a glass dish.
- 12Add turmeric powder, aniseeds, carom seeds, red chilli powder, corriander powder, salt and garam masala to oil.
- 13Mix it really well.
- 14Add 6 tbsp of water.
- 15Microwave on high for 1 1/2 minutes uncovered.
- 16Add tomato puree now and microwave uncovered on high for a minute.
- 17Add fried potatoes and cauliflower.
- 18Mix well.
- 19Add curd.
- 20Mix and microwave on medium for 3 minutes uncovered.
- 21Serve immediately garnished with chopped corriander.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato And Cauliflower Sour Vegetable
Serving Size: 1 (410 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 252.9
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 496.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 5.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
black cardamom pods