1/12 Photos of Potato Cheese Croquettes With a Chipotle Sauce
These crisp little balls have a creamy filling of potatoes, cheeses, fresh parsley, shallots. Along with a slightly spicy chipotle dipping sauce. A wonderful way to use left over mashed potatoes. Or an excuse to make extra mashed potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb cool leftover mashed potatoes
- 1 egg, beaten
- 3 ounces sharp cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 small shallot, minced very fine equaling 1 tablespoon
- 1/3 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 dash dried chipotle chile
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 large eggs
- 1/8 cup milk
- 1/4 cup flour, seasoned with
- salt, and
- pepper, and
- dried chipotle powder
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Crisco cooking oil, for frying to fill pan by 3 inches
- 1Combine the first 9 ingredients and blend thoroughly.
- 2Form into 20 golf size croquettes.
- 3Place seasoned flour in one bowl.
- 4Beat eggs with milk and place second bowl.
- 5Place bread crumbs in third bowl.
- 6Dip each croquette in the flour then egg and then roll in the crumbs.
- 7Fry in deep fat until golden brown.
- 8While frying stir together dipping sauce ingredients and place in serving bowl.
- 9Drain on paper towels and serve while very hot with chipotle sauce.
- 10Garnish with fresh parsley.
Browse Our Top Potato Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Potato Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Cheese Croquettes With a Chipotle Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (100 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 273.4
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 4.7 g
- Cholesterol 90.2 mg
- Sodium 1039.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 29.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.8 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 10.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
dried chipotle chiles
chipotle chiles in adobo