Saw this being prepared on Emeril Live, 2005. Looked wonderful!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- oil, for deep frying
- 1 large idaho potato, peeled
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 egg
- 4 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon creole mustard or 1 tablespoon other whole grain mustard
- 2 teaspoons chopped garlic
- 2 teaspoons prepared horseradish
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 3/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped green onion
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lb cooked lobster meat, small diced
- 4 cups assorted baby greens
- drizzle extra virgin olive oil
- 4 tablespoons crumbled goat cheese
- 1Preheat the fryer to 350ºF.
- 2Alternatively, fill oil no more than halfway full in a large Dutch oven and heat to 350ºF.
- 3Using a mandoline with a crisscross blade, cut the potato, lengthwise, into thin waffle-like chips.
- 4Fry the potatoes in batches until golden brown, about 3 minutes, stirring occasionally for overall browning.
- 5Remove and drain on paper towels.
- 6Season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon of the black pepper.
- 7Using a food processor fitted with a metal blade, combine the egg, ketchup, mustard, garlic, horseradish, and lemon juice.
- 8With the machine running, add the oil in a steady stream.
- 9Process until all of the oil is incorporated and the mixture is thick.
- 10Once the emulsion is made, add the onions, green onions, and parsley and pulse until incorporated, season the remoulade with the remaining 1/4 teaspoon of salt and 1/8 teaspoon of black pepper.
- 11In a mixing bowl toss the lobster with 1/4 teaspoon cup of the remoulade, reserving the rest for later use.
- 12Season with salt and pepper, to taste.
- 13In another mixing bowl, toss the greens with the extra-virgin olive oil, salt and pepper.
- 14Drizzle with extra-virgin olive oil.
- 15To assemble, mound the greens in the center of each plate.
- 16Arrange the potatoes around the greens and plate a spoonful of the lobster of the remoulade on top of each potato.
- 17Garnish with 1 tablespoon of crumbled goat cheese on each salad.
Browse Our Top Lobster Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lobster Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Potato Gaufrettes With Lobster Remoulade
Serving Size: 1 (293 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 582.2
- Calories from Fat 384
- Total Fat 42.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.1 g
- Cholesterol 134.5 mg
- Sodium 961.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 23.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.5 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 27.3 g
The following items or measurements are not included: