Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is one of my family favourite for breakfast and evening tea. The original recipe was from my mother, but I have made a few changers to the recipe to make it more tastier. It's best serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 cup small size soft skin prawns, discard head tail and clean
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1⁄2 cup leek, cut into 2 cm
- 1 onion, thinly slice
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly slice
- 1⁄2 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup water (or more)
- oil (for frying)
- Combine all ingredients and a cup of warm water.
- Mix thoroughly with a spoon until all ingredients are really combine (about 1 minute).
- If the mixture is too thick add more water.
- The mixture should be thick enough in order to spoon it into hot oil for deep frying.
- Deep fry until golden brown.
- Best serve hot with chilli sauce, satay sauce or ketchup.