ida ku zaifah's Note:
This is one of my family favourite for breakfast and evening tea. The original recipe was from my mother, but I have made a few changers to the recipe to make it more tastier. It's best serve hot with sweet chilli sauce.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 cup small size soft skin prawns, discard head tail and clean
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup leek, cut into 2 cm
- 1 onion, thinly slice
- 1 red chili pepper, thinly slice
- 1/2 cup corn kernel
- 1 cup water (or more)
- oil (for frying)
- 1Combine all ingredients and a cup of warm water.
- 2Mix thoroughly with a spoon until all ingredients are really combine (about 1 minute).
- 3If the mixture is too thick add more water.
- 4The mixture should be thick enough in order to spoon it into hot oil for deep frying.
- 5Deep fry until golden brown.
- 6Best serve hot with chilli sauce, satay sauce or ketchup.
Browse Our Top Breakfast Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn and Corn Fritters
Serving Size: 1 (185 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.3
- Calories from Fat 11
- Total Fat 1.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.2 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 747.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 89.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.2 g
- Sugars 9.8 g
- Protein 11.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: