This recipe is from New Zealand Wasabi Limited.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 spring onions, chopped fine
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh gingerroot
- 1 small fresh red chile, seeded and chopped
- 1 teaspoon tamarind paste or 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree
- 3 sheets phyllo pastry
- 12 large prawns, shelled and de-veined
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
Wasabi Soy Dip
- 1Wasabi Soy Dip: Place all the ingredients in a small pan, heat gently to dissolve the sugar.
- 2Set aside to cool.
- 3Place the spring onions, coriander (cilantro), garlic, ginger, chili, tamarind paste or lemon juice and tomato purée in a blender and blend to a smooth paste.
- 4Cut each sheet of pastry lengthwise into 4 strips 8 × 3 inches.
- 5Take one strip and brush with a little of the oil.
- 6Spread 1/2 teaspoon of the paste along one narrow end.
- 7Place a prawn over the top, with only the tail extending beyond the edge of the pastry.
- 8Roll up to enclose the prawn, twisting the ends together to seal.
- 9Cover with a clean tea towel and repeat to make 12 fingers.
- 10Heat 4 inches of vegetable oil in a heavy-based pan to a temperature of 350ºF or until a cube of bread browns in 30 seconds.
- 11Carefully slip in the prawn fingers and cook for 2 minutes until the pastry is crisp and golden.
- 12Drain on absorbent paper, and serve at once with the Wasabi Soy Dip.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Fingers With Wasabi Soy Dip
Serving Size: 1 (98 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 150.1
- Calories from Fat 71
- Total Fat 7.9 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 22.6 mg
- Sodium 679.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 5.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included: