1 hr 10 mins
This is Hoorbanu Iqbal's recipe from the Thursday magazine. She is a wonderful cook with a very sweet smile that'll win your heart anytime and the magic in her fingers shows in her recipes and wonderful food!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 300 g shelled and de-veined prawns
- 1 1/2 cups basmati rice, soaked in water for 2 hours
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 1 tomato, washed,peeled and chopped
- 2 tablespoons coconut milk powder
- 1/2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 onions, washed,peeled and sliced
- 1 medium potato, deep fried and quartered
- 1Grind all the ingredients mentioned under'masala' to a fine paste and keep aside.
- 2Heat oil in a skillet.
- 3Saute onion in it until golden brown.
- 4Add tomato, stir-fry and cook till soft.
- 5Add the ground masala paste and saute for 1 minute.
- 6Then add the turmeric and coconut milk powders and mix well.
- 7Next, add the prawns and cook for 5 minutes, mixing occasionally.
- 8Add salt to taste and 3 cups of water.
- 9Stir once, and then bring to a boil.
- 10Strain the rice and add it to the pot.
- 11Cook the rice, stirring occasionally.
- 12Add the deep fried potato quarters.
- 13Cover with a tight lid and cook on simmer for 10 minutes until all the water has been absorbed by the rice.
- 14Fluff with a fork.
- 15Serve with vegetables, raita and papads for a complete meal!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn Pulao
Serving Size: 1 (366 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 531.8
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 94.5 mg
- Sodium 443.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 77.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 6.1 g
- Sugars 7.2 g
- Protein 19.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
coconut milk powder