Great nibbles with a glass of champagne
Make and share this Prawn (Shrimp) Pakoras recipe from Food.com.
- 1 kg medium raw prawns, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 75 g besan flour (chick pea flour)
- 1⁄8 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- Pulse prawns in food processor-they need to just come together not turn into a paste!
- Combine the prawns and remaining ingredients except the oil.
- Using a tablespoon, measure out approximately 30 balls.
- Using damp hands, roll each portion into a ball; place on a plate, cover with cling film until ready to use.
- Heat the oil in a wok or heavy based frypan.
- Fry 6-8 balls at a time until golden brown all over.
- Drain on paper towels.
- Serve hot with tomato and mint chutney.