1/1 Photo of Prawn (Shrimp) Pakoras
Great nibbles with a glass of champagne
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 kg medium raw prawns, peeled and roughly chopped
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 large tomato, finely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon minced ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground red chili pepper
- 75 g besan flour (chick pea flour)
- 1/8 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 2 cups vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1Pulse prawns in food processor-they need to just come together not turn into a paste!
- 2Combine the prawns and remaining ingredients except the oil.
- 3Using a tablespoon, measure out approximately 30 balls.
- 4Using damp hands, roll each portion into a ball; place on a plate, cover with cling film until ready to use.
- 5Heat the oil in a wok or heavy based frypan.
- 6Fry 6-8 balls at a time until golden brown all over.
- 7Drain on paper towels.
- 8Serve hot with tomato and mint chutney.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Prawn (Shrimp) Pakoras
Serving Size: 1 (1738 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 155.1
- Calories from Fat 134
- Total Fat 14.8 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 42.0 mg
- Sodium 195.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 4.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: