A savory taste treat from the New England chapter of the United States Regional Cookbook, Culinary Arts Institute of Chicago, 1947.
- Preheat your oil or fat to 360°F.
- Sift dry ingredients together.
- Combine dry ingredients, milk and clam juice into a batter that is smooth and free from lumps.
- Fold in clams, mixing thoroughly.
- Drop from a spoon into hot fat and fry for about a minute or until golden brown on all sides.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Molly these are so good with all my years of cooking I have never made fritters using clams, I added in 1 teaspoon fresh garlic, used seasoned salt and also added in some cayenne peper, made for DS's lunch today and was thoroughly enjoyed, thanks so much for sharing this winner!
DELICIOUS!!! They were a HIT with EVERYONE!! I did add garlic and cooked them like a pancake since we don't do fried foods, but they were YUUUUUUUMMY!! I am relatively sure I will be making these often!! Thanks for a GREAT recipe!!
These are so good. I made half of the recipe I had a can of whole baby clams and minced them very small. I deep fried them in small batches and they puffed up nicely and had very good flavor. I will be making these again. Thanks for sharing this recipe.