Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
I actually saw these made on Bobby Flay's "Throwdown" on the Food Network and couldn't resist reposting this for future use. They're simple to make and are a great way to mix things up on Taco Night!
- Combine all ingredients in a large bowl and mix thoroughly.
- When the dough is consistent begin rolling dough balls about the size of a ping pong ball.
- Using a tortilla press that is lined in a thick plastic, press out the dough. You use the plastic (it can be a ziploc bag that has been cut) so that the dough does not stick to the tortilla press.
- Meanwhile have a deep pot filled with cooking oil approximately 2 inches high and heated to 250 degrees.
- Drop the flat tortilla in the hot oil and using a metal spatula repeatedly douse with the oil.
- You will see that it will begin to puff up.
- Flip it over and using the spatula make an indention in the middle of the tortilla to forma taco shape.
- Remove from oil and allow to drain.
- Fill with ground meat, shredded chicken, guacamole, bean and cheese or your favorite filling. Top with shredded lettuce and diced tomato.
- Caution: Be very careful when making these. Make sure there is proper ventilation and do not allow the oil to get too hot. Also, if you can't get your hands on a tortilla press then use a clean counter. You will still need the plastic so that the dough does not stick to the counter. Place your dough ball on the plastic and cover with more plastic and then using something heavy to press it out.
I also saw this ,but failed to get amts. on things,this is a great recipe.thnx,for posting,and your help.