1/1 Photo of Qdm's Whatever Ya' Got Egg Rolls
1 hr 30 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Queen Dragon Mom's Note:
This is a tough recipe to actually write down! If there is leftover pork, chicken, lamb, beef, anything, it can be put in as a filling. The only things you really need are soy sauce, egg roll wrappers and some type of oil for deep-fat frying. What follows is what I used on 2-20-2005 for the ones pictured in the recipe photos.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 dozen egg roll wraps
- 3 tablespoons oil (plus 3 more if needed)
- 1/4 cup cornstarch
- 1/3 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 lbs pork steak, trimmed and deboned, cut in 1/8 inch slices
- 4 green onions, cleaned and sliced thin
- 1/2 inch fresh ginger, peeled and minced
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled and minced
- 1 (2 lb) bag frozen stir fry vegetables
- oil, for deep frying
- 1/2 cup cold water (to seal wrappers)
- 1Whisk together corn starch, soy sauce and hoisin.
- 2Add meat, ginger, onions and garlic.
- 3Let sit for 30 minutes.
- 4Spread frozen vegetables on cutting board and chop them up very finely.
- 5Wrap vegetables in paper towels or a cotton towel to soak up moisture.
- 6Heat wok with 3 Tbs of oil.
- 7Chow the meat mixture in 3 batches just until meat is done.
- 8Remove from wok and set aside.
- 9Adding more oil, if necessary, chow the vegetable for around 2 minutes, making sure not to lose crispness.
- 10Return meat to wok and stir well into vegetable.
- 11Turn out wok mixture into colander.
- 12Let cool for 15 minutes.
- 13Heat deep fryer to 375 degrees.
- 14Lay wrappers out flat and prepare work surface to wrap.
- 15On an individual wrapper, laid on your work surface with one of the corner points facing you, put around 3 Tbs filling, 1/3 of the way to the opposite point.
- 16Wet all remaining wrapper edges with water, very lightly.
- 17Pull the point nearest you up and over the filling, away from you.
- 18Tuck under filling.
- 19Pull one side point in, then the other, tucking them under the filling.
- 20Roll package away from you to opposite point.
- 21Repeat for all filling and wrappers.
- 22Place packages on baking sheet in freezer for 30 minutes, or until oil is up to 375 degrees.
- 23Fry packages, 3-4 at a time, until golden brown, about 3 minutes.
- 24Remove from oil and drain on paper towels or cloth.
- 25Serve with soy sauce, hot mustard, hoisin, teriyaki, anything you desire.
Browse Our Top Chinese Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Qdm's Whatever Ya' Got Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (94 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 24
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 239.7
- Calories from Fat 87
- Total Fat 9.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.9 g
- Cholesterol 45.2 mg
- Sodium 494.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.7 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 15.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
stir fry vegetables