1/3 Photos of "real" Chicken and Cheese Egg Rolls
Bet'cha can't eat just one! A very flavorful twist for egg roll lovers!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1/3 cup chopped green onion
- 1/3 cup chopped thinly sliced carrot
- 5 chopped peppadew peppers
- 1/3 cup chopped mushroom
- 1 lb ground chicken
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 teaspoons chicken seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- 1 egg
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 9 egg roll wraps
- vegetable oil (for deep frying)
- 1In a mixing bowl, combine the first five ingredients.
- 2Cook the ground chicken until done. Season with the salts and black pepper while cooking. (Make sure you break up the big pieces so that the chicken remains crumbled) Drain and set aside.
- 3In a frying pan or wok, add 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil and stir-fry the ingredients in the mixing bowl for about 3 minutes. (Do not overcook. Vegetables should still be colorful).
- 4Combine the ground chicken with the stir-fry in the wok. Stir and simmer for about 2-3 minutes to balance out flavors. Put in a bowl and set aside.
- 5Whisk together egg and milk to create egg-wash. Take one eggroll wrapper and brush edges with the egg-wash.
- 6Take two spoonfuls of the chicken mixture and place in center of wrapper. Then generously top with cheese and fold according to directions. Set aside and fill the other wrappers.
- 7Once finished, deep fry 3-4 eggrolls at a time for 2 1/2 minutes. (TRICK: Turnover eggroll every 30 seconds so that the eggroll doesn't get top-heavy from the oil and becomes difficult to turnover).
Browse Our Top < 30 Mins Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All < 30 Mins Recipes
Nutritional Facts for "real" Chicken and Cheese Egg Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (108 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 217.2
- Calories from Fat 48
- Total Fat 5.3 g
- Saturated Fat 2.2 g
- Cholesterol 77.0 mg
- Sodium 598.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 22.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.4 g
- Protein 18.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: