1/6 Photos of Really Crispy Spicy Cajun Fried Chicken
Just like your Cajun mama used to make
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Mix first 3 ingredients in a paper bag.
- 2Season Chicken parts with Seasoning Salt and Pepper Place chicken one by one in bag and shake to cover chicken piece completely Place coated chicken on a rack above a baking pan to catch excess flour This is important!
- 3Leave chicken on the counter for 1 hour, sprinkling left over flour to coat as chicken"sweats" thru coating.
- 4Heat oil in a cast iron skillet to fit chicken and to a depth of 1/2 inch Place chicken pieces in oil skin side down- do not cover!
- 58 Minutes per side (or there abouts) until golden.
- 6Drain on brown paper bags Great served hot, with cream gravy, mashed potatoes and biscuits- or cold for a picnic.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Really Crispy Spicy Cajun Fried Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (181 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 472.5
- Calories from Fat 185
- Total Fat 20.6 g
- Saturated Fat 5.7 g
- Cholesterol 131.5 mg
- Sodium 123.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 24.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 44.1 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Tony Chachere's salt-free cajun spice