2 hrs 15 mins
If you are a lover spicy food and buffalo wings then you might want to give this recipe a try, you may of coarse double or triple this recipe but because of the spices and cayenne you will need to make each recipe in a separate bowl (10 wings in each bowl) the amount of cayenne may be adjusted to suit heat level, plan ahead the coated wings *must* be refrigerated 2 hours before frying, this is important so do not skip ;-) Serve the wings with a blue cheese dip see Kittencal's Blue Cheese Dressing or use your own favorite recipe
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Frank's red hot sauce (original flavor, or use your own favorite brand hot sauce)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 pinch salt (or to taste)
- 1For the sauce; in a small saucepan combine the butter, hot sauce, black pepper, salt and 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder; bring to a simmer over medium-low heat.
- 2Reduce heat to low and simmer uncovered for about 20 minutes stirring occasionally; remove from heat and set aside to be coated with the wings later.
- 3For the wings; in a bowl combine flour, paprika, cayenne (you may adjust cayenne to suit heat level) 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder, onion powder and seasoned salt.
- 4Place the wings in a shallow dish and sprinkle the flour mixture over; mix using hands to coat evenly and completely (I use disposable rubber gloves for this!).
- 5Cover the dish and refrigerate for 2 hours (THIS IS IMPORTANT, the wings must be refrigerated for that amount of time!).
- 6Heat oil in a deep-fryer to 375 degrees F (the oil should be just enough to cover the wings completely, about 1-1/2-inches or more).
- 7Fry the flour-coated wings in hot oil for about 10-15 minutes or until parts of the wings begin to turn brown.
- 8Remove from heat then place wings in a serving bowl; add in prepared hot sauce mixture and turn the wings to coat with the sauce.
- 9You may serve the wings as is or place on a baking sheet and bake in a 250 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- 10Serve with a blue cheese dip.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Restaurant-Style Buffalo Chicken Wings
Serving Size: 1 (672 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 174.4
- Calories from Fat 112
- Total Fat 12.5 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 49.9 mg
- Sodium 233.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 5.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.2 g
- Sugars 0.1 g
- Protein 9.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: